Monday, November 29, 2010

Before the Throne of God Above, Selah

God Almighty's throne is so much more than this!

Dr.Rudi Swanepoel writes, (this is so wonderful)
"A throne is the emblem of authority. From the throne official Kingdom business is ratified, decrees are made and judgments pronounced. Official audience with the King seated on the throne represents the highest form of representation available. In the presence of God there are times of tremendous intimacy and fellowship but then there are also moments to appear officially before the throne. Your moments before the throne of God are reserved for purpose, destiny, worship and judgments.
Unlike an earthly throne room though, God’s throne is mobile. It appears wherever God manifests His presence. God said in Isa. 66:1 “Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool.” God’s Throne is mobile! It is carried by the cherubim! The throne is not standing on the ground! (See Ezek. 1:25-26) The throne is part of the procession of Heaven. When the Glory of God enters a room tremendous things happen. In the unseen realm there is angelic activity, an open heaven, a manifestation of the throne of God and the awesome presence of God. There is fire, heaven’s altar, light, worship happening, and more. In Heb. 4:16 we are encouraged to draw near to the throne of grace with boldness that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in good time for every need! How do we draw near? One great way is to pursue the presence of God in worship. He comes seated on the throne, carried by the angels into your circumstance and life. What a tremendous thought!"

Our family loves the group Selah. Their music (much of it) is a little taste of heaven. I will be posting many more by them in the future.

This is actually an old hymn; the words were written in 1863 by Charitie Bancroft to the tune of Sweet Hour of Prayer (tune by William Bradbury). Below is a link to cyberhymnal with a rendition of the original hymn: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/b/e/beforetg.htm.

Lyrics:
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in Heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace,

One in Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!

Supporting Scriptures:
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:16

"I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." Malachi 3:6

The entire chapter of Psalm 51 by King David illustrates the amazing power of God’s mercy as He responds to our plea for renewal and cleansing from our sin.

"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time" Revelation 12: 10-12

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes (pleads) for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will" Romans 8: 26-27

"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4: 14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment