Wednesday, May 11, 2011

He Knows My Name, Maranatha Singers

What would you think of a god who doesn't know your name? He doesn't know you, or any thing about you?

I believe He wouldn't be much of a god at all!!!


But the Bible tells us that we do have a God Who does know us. He knows our name, He knows our frame. He knows how many hairs we have on our head! He knew us when He formed us in our mother's womb!

" And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid... Matthew 10: 30

"...For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust. " Psalm 103: 14

"O
Lord, you have searched me and you know me." Psalm 139:1

"This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles."
Psalm 34: 6


So we have an awesome God, familiar with all our ways! Besides knowing our name, He created us and loves us. We are the sheep of His pasture, and He calls us all by name. See Psalm chapter 23.


The Maranatha! Singers is a 50-person-strong voice choir comprised mostly of University of Florida and Santa Fe Community College students. Founded in 1970, the group is part of the University Methodist Church and Student Center (U.U.M.C.), Gainesville, FL. The group sings most Sundays at the worship service during the fall and spring semesters, and also tours outside of the church. The Maranatha! Singers have also issued numerous recordings over the years.

Lyrics:
I have a Maker
He formed my heart

Before even time began

My life was in his hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls

and He hears me when I call


I have a Father

He calls me His own
He'll never leave me

No matter where I go


He knows my name

He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls

and He hears me when I call


Supporting Scriptures:
"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord." Psalm 139: 1-4

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13-16

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." Psalm 34: 4-7

"Thou hast kept count of my wanderings; put Thou my tears in Thy bottle! Are they not in Thy book? Psalm 56:8

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Jackie. "Jesus knows me, this I love!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that He loves me. Thanks for this message, it has done a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete