Monday, February 14, 2011

My Beloved, Kari Jobe

Valentine's Day Special


Maranatha is an Aramaic phrase occurring once only in the New Testament. It means, "Our Lord cometh!" The phrase may have been used as a common greeting between early Christians under persecution looking for His early return; it was possibly used this way by the Apostle Paul in his letter to Corinth. We, too, continue to wait for the certain appearing of our Lord Jesus! In the meantime, we wait under his mercy until we see our Bridegroom face to face.

"I do not know when Christ will come. I am no prophet, though I love the subject of prophecy. I dislike date-fixing, and I think it has done great harm. I only assert positively that Christ will come again one day in person to set up His kingdom, and that whether the day be near—or whether it be far off, it will take the Church and world exceedingly by surprise." - J.C. Ryle

Kari Jobe sings of the Redeemer's faithful wooing of His church.
It is a clear demonstration of Christ's acceptance of His Bride, our reunion, and our wedding supper...Maranatha!
Lyrics:
You're My Beloved
You're My Bride
To sing over you is My delight
Come away with Me My love

You're Beautiful to Me
So beautiful to Me

Under My mercy
Come and wait
Till we are standing face to face
I see no stain on you
My child

You're Beautiful to Me
So Beautiful to Me

I sing over you My song of peace
Cast all your care down at My feet
Come and find your rest in Me

I'll breathe My life inside of you
I'll bear you up on eagle's wings
And hide you in the shadow of My strength
I'll take you to My quiet waters
I'll restore your soul
Come rest in Me and be made whole

You're My beloved
You're My Bride
To sing over you is my delight
Come away with me my love

Supporting Scriptures:
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake..." Psalm 23: 2-3

"My beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away..." Song of Solomon 2: 10

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11: 28

"...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40: 31

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1: 29

"Cast all your care upon him; for he cares for you. " 1 Peter 5: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment