Friday, April 1, 2011

My Redeemer, 2nd Chapter of Acts


The Roma people (or gypsies) face harsh discrimination that has lasted for centuries. In Romania, many gypsies have no birth certificates or marriage licenses; they are 'vagabonds'. Prejudice is widespread; they are looked upon as thieves and tramps. Outside of Christ, they lack hope.

Kevin Hoy, founder of The Smile Foundation, has worked in Romania for a decade. His first project was in Tileagd village where he helped to set up a school, a neighborhood store, and a church where many gypsies received Jesus.

Such overwhelming hopelessness has led many gypsies to embrace Jesus. In 2009, the “Toflea miracle” occurred, where 500 gypsies—the largest baptism in Romanian history—took place, reported CBN News. In 2010, hundreds more from the village turned to Christ. And the message is spreading...there is hope!

This video highlights the hope in Christ Jesus found by the Roma people. Please pray that more will continue to be drawn to the Redeemed of the world. A poignant reminder of all of our need!

Annie (Ward) Herring, (Matthew Ward's sister), is one of the voices I love best. She, Nellie, and Matthew were part of the 'Jesus Music' movement in the 70s as 2nd Chapter of Acts, later known as contemporary Christian music. See 2nd Chapter of Acts in archives 2/22/11 and Matthew Ward, 3/1/11.


The story of the 11 member Ward family growing up in North Dakota is remarkable. Both of their parents died, leaving the children to figure life out alone. Read the story here to learn the gracious care bestowed on them by our loving Lord.


Lyrics:
Here I go again
I'm thinking of the time when I will stand
and look into the eyes
of my Redeemer

Words won't come my way
And deep inside my silence echoing
I'll find my voice to sing of my Redeemer

And I know upon this earth I'll never find
The words that can express my heart, oh my

When with His words of life
He spoke and pulled my dark thoughts from the night
How can I repay my Redeemer

With His wounded hands
He held my broken heart to understand
I never can repay
My Redeemer

And I know upon this earth I'll never find
The words that can express my heart, oh my

Supporting Scriptures:
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15

“You shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life.” Philippians 2:15-16

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12:1

"No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever."
Revelations 22:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment