Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Will Worship You, Matthew Ward

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him."
John 4: 23

What follows is not original to me, but I agree. Words of Andy Wood:

"For centuries Christians have broken fellowship and broken God’s heart in the name of worship. We have argued over form, anguished over the opinions of others, and attacked those who looked or acted differently. Meanwhile in Heaven, the search goes on…

"When you can give yourself permission to do everything else imperfectly, so long as you love Him completely… that is worship...

"When you can come to Him boldly, even at the risk of the disapproval of others… that is worship...

"When you can pursue His presence, even when your heart is broken… that is worship.

"When you can love Jesus with ridiculous generosity, offering to Him the finest of your time, your talent, and your treasure… that is worship."

The quote above makes me think about the refrain in the old hymn Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Matthew Ward words and music, 2000.
Lyrics:
           Bb                  Eb
My God is faithful, My God is truthful,
Bb/F Fsus4 F F/Eb
My God is boundless in all He is.
Bb Eb
My God is wisdom, My God is righteous,
Bb/F Fsus4 F F/Eb
My God is vision for all who seek.


Bb/D Eb Bb/F F
So I will worship You in the beauty of holiness,
Bb/D Eb Bb/F F
And I will worship You for the things You've done in me
Bb/D Eb Bb/F F Eb/G
And when my life's complete I place my crown at Your feet
Bb/F F Bb
And I will worship You on bended knee!


Bb Eb
My God is power, My God is glory,
Bb/F Fsus4 F F/Eb
My God is ruler over all that is,
Bb Eb
My God is timeless, My God is justice,
Bb/F Fsus4 F F/Eb
My God is mercy to the Oppressed.


Bb/D Eb Bb/F F
So I will worship You in the beauty of holiness,
Bb/D Eb Bb/F F
And I will worship You for the things You've done in me
Bb/D Eb Bb/F F Eb/G
And when my life's complete I place my crown at Your feet
Bb/F F Bb
And I will worship You on bended knee!


F/A F
His Name is Love
Cm Cm/Eb
His force is thunder
Gm
His heart is tender
F F/Eb
His hand is strong.


Bb/D Eb Bb/F F
So I will worship You in the beauty of holiness,
     Bb/D   Eb          Bb/F      F
And I will worship You for the things You've done in me
Bb/D Eb Bb/F F Eb/G
And when my life's complete I place my crown at Your feet
Bb/F F Bb
And I will worship You on bended knee!

Supporting Scriptures:
"Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds." Psalm 36:5

"Therefore God has highly exalted him [Jesus] and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth," Philippians 2: 9-10

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11: 28-30

"O, Worship the Lord in the beauty of his holiness; fear before him, all the earth."
Psalm 96: 9

"Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created
and have their being.” Revelations 4:9-11

"Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him." 1 John 4: 8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment