Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Waiting For You, Michael W.Smith

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelations 3:20


"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

I do love that Jesus used symbolism even a child can understand:
Jesus is knocking at the door of our hearts - we need to open it to Him.
Jesus is the Way - we need to go through Jesus (a doorway) to come to the Heavenly Father.


Our sons have a good friend who has wanted to start a procrastinator's club for some time. His website says "Coming Soon"...Many well meaning people will put off the most important decision of their life until it's too late. Consider this from 2 Peter 3:8-10,14:

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare..So then, dear friends, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. ."

"Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation."
2 Corinthians 6:2
Lyrics:
I walked this road
So very long ago
To show the way
So you would know
I walked the road
With holes in my hands in feet
To make the way
Come follow me

Chorus:
No, you are not alone
You will be free indeed
The journey begins and ends
With me
One million miles
It starts with a step or two
What are you waiting for?
I'm waiting for you

You run the race
Thinking you've almost won
Then you may find
You've only begun

You're on the road
Thinking you're far from here
And suddenly find
You're very near

Chorus

Supporting Scriptures:
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is." Ephesians 5:15-17

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

" Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." 1 Corinthians 9:25

"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?" Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:31-36

No comments:

Post a Comment