Friday, January 21, 2011

Rest Of My Life, David Meese


This joyous and happy music by David Meese makes me think of Psalm 96:1 - "O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth." It is about new birth in the Lord; He gives us a kind of heart transplant. It is also a new praise worship song to our family. Meese's childhood was tragic in many ways, but God has restored him and is using him! (see My Father's Chair, December, 2010) With an violent, drug and alcohol-addicted father, he became rebellious and destructive, but his Heavenly Father rescued him as Rest Of My Life (screen below) testifies wonderfully!
Here is a link to the story/testimony aired on Focus on the Family: http://listen.family.org/daily/A000002819.cfm

Lyrics:
Lord, you mercy came, and it made me sing
With all my heart

Blessed be the name of the One who brings
Such a fresh new start

Ah, now the air smells clean

And the grass looks green, the sky looks bluer
Than I have ever seen

You have made my sweetest dream come true

And I want to live for you
For the rest of my life, for the rest of my life
And I want to give to you
All the rest of my life, all the rest of my life

Lord, You've proved again, You're love extends
To the deepest need
When I hit the end, You're love begins
And from there you lead


Lead through an open door
To a golden shore... a royal kingdom
Where my heart explores
And the more I learn, the more I sing

And I want to live for you

For the rest of my life, for the rest of my life

And I want to give to you

All the rest of my life, all the rest of my life

Supporting Scriptures:
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers." 1 John 3:16

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12:1

"I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."
Revelations 3:8

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment