Thursday, January 27, 2011

Refiner's Fire, Bob Doerkson/Darlene Rose -part 2

Darlene Rose was refined by fire. One by one, she lost her husband, her Bible, her health, her innocence, all the wedding gifts they brought along, and she was made to think the U.S. lost the war because she had no news. I wonder how I would respond under those conditions. (See The Lord is My Light, Jan. 2011, for an earlier post on Darlene Rose)

"Just two weeks before I was brought to this prison, the Lord had laid it on my heart to memorize a poem by Annie Johnson Flint. Now I knew why. After drying the tears from my face and mopping the tears from the floor with my skirt, I would sit up and sing:

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater
He sendeth more strength when the labours increase

To added affliction, He addeth His mercy,

To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.


When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
And our strength has failed ere the day is half done,

When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
The Father's full giving is only begun.

Strength came, and I knew I could go through another interrogation, and another, and another. I was physically weak, and desperately frightened, but God gave me the courage to deport myself like a good soldier for my Lord before those cruel men." - from Darlene Rose's book Evidence Not Seen.

When Darlene Deibler Rose wrote her book, she wrote it with her young sons in mind. “I wished them to know, if ever difficult circumstances came into their lives, that their mother’s God is still alive and very well, and His arm has never lost its ancient power”.
Lyrics:
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver

Purify my heart

Let me be as gold, pure gold


Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire

Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master

Ready to do Your will

Purify my heart

Cleanse me from within

And make me holy

Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin

Deep within


Supporting Scriptures:


"This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’” Zechariah 13:9

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin...Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow... Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:2,7,10

"But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
1 Peter 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment