Thursday, December 2, 2010

Be At Rest, Steve Green


Unstable economy, wars and rumors of wars, culture spiraling out of control, hurting relationships...

It is a pure wonder, this concept of rest. A rested heart is a contented heart, and "godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6

How we all need this Word today! Let us rest in the Lord now as we think of how He delivered us from death and stumbling. Before you lay down to sleep tonight, open the Word of God and read in Isaiah: " You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3 "

It is balm for the weary soul!


Lyrics:
Be at rest, be at rest once more
O my soul, for the Lord has been good
Be at rest, be at rest once more
O my soul, o my soul
Be at rest once more
For the Lord has been good to you

For You, O Lord
Have delivered my soul from death
My eyes from tears
And You, O Lord
Have delivered my feet from stumbling

Supporting Scriptures:
"For You have delivered my soul from death.
Have You not kept my feet from falling,
That I may walk before God
In the light of the living?" Psalms 56:13

"I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me." Psalms 13:6

"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you." Psalms 116:7

No comments:

Post a Comment