Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Still/Be Still and Know, by Don Moen

I just love to get alone and praise our Savior! Or to stand at the kitchen sink and let my voice rise to the heavens! This is one way to bring joy to your home and your own heart as you thank Him for His covering and protection through the day or night. When you are afraid, don't give way to it! Call upon the Lord in sincerity and faith! "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Using these you-tubes as a time of meditation or devotion would be a great way to start your day with praise and thanksgiving to God. Below the lyrics of each video post are some Scriptures. If you've never had/read a Bible before, get one, and open it to the Gospel of John. The gospel account is filled with first-hand accounts of Jesus' words and His world-changing 33 years on earth. Scholars generally accept that the Gospel of John was written between 50 and 85 A.D, within 50 years of Jesus' death and resurrection from the grave. Many who witnessed it were still alive at the time of John's writing.
The beginning of John, chapter 1, tells us who Jesus is, and chapter 3, v. 16, tells us the significance of Jesus and His purpose for the world. You can call upon Jesus to be your Lord. You can find rest for your soul in Christ when you come to Him in quietness and trust! You can know His power for a new life!


Lyrics:
Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

CHORUS:
When the oceans rise
And the thunders roar
I Will soar with You
Above the storm
Father You are King
Over the flood
And I will be still
And know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

Be still and know
That I am God

I am the God
That healeth thee

Supporting Scriptures:


"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3: 8-11

"He said, “If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.” Exodus 15:26

"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
Psalm 46:10

"He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday" Psalm 91:4-6

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up (soar) with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment