Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Jesus, Lover Of My Soul (It's All About You)

This is a gentle song of surrender. It is making peace with God as the struggle is left behind--the focus is on Jesus!

By the way, while dissimilar in style, the original hymn Jesus, Lover Of My Soul was written by Charles Wesley in 1740. It is perhaps one of the finest and most inspiring hymns ever written, full of the Word of God. Here is a link to the wonderful website Cyberhymnal and this old hymn. http://nethymnal.org/htm/j/l/jlmysoul.htm You can hear it (synthesized) and see lyrics.


Lyrics by Paul Oakley:
It's all about You, Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God
And I surrender to your ways

Jesus, lover of my soul
All consuming fire is in Your gaze
Jesus, I want you to know
I will follow you all my days
For no one else in history is like you
And history itself belongs to you
Alpha and Omega, You have loved me
And I will share eternity with You

Supporting Scriptures:
"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen" Galatians 1:3-5

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God..." 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

“Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End"
Revelations 22:12-13
"
"...so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28

No comments:

Post a Comment