Thursday, December 2, 2010

When It's All Been Said and Done, Robin Mark


"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4: 14

I've let my family know that this is one of the songs I wish to be played at my funeral someday when the Lord decides to take me home. Hope that isn't morbid to you; I hope to live my life in such a way as to live for truth and to live for Him. What a wake-up call to know we leave a legacy in life, a pathway of love and grace or one of destruction.


Lyrics:
When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?


When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done
For love's rewards
Will stand the test of time


Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
That you found purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints


I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and in heaven after
For you've joined me at my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone.

Supporting Scriptures:
"His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ " Matthew 25:23

"I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. In the day when I cried thou answered me, and strengthened me with strength in my soul." Psalms 138: 1-3

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal " Matthew 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment