Monday, December 20, 2010

Joseph's Song, by Michael Card

Used by permission. Artwork by Jason Jenicke.
http://jasonjenicke.com/default.html

Hugo McCord writes: "An extraordinary person, a vessel of honor, one whom we expect to meet in heaven, is Joseph, the stepfather of Jesus. He was “the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, the one called Christ,” with Jesus “being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph” (Matthew 1:16; Luke 3:23).

"When Mary’s fiance Joseph learned that Mary was pregnant, he was shocked. He, being honorable, and not wanting to disgrace her, decided to break the engagement quietly. However, while he was thinking about the problem, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to marry Mary, your fiance, because her conception is by the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you will call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:19-21).

Joseph was a righteous man of strong conviction who lived out his beliefs in his actions. Even when personally wronged, he had the quality of being self-controlled and sensitive to someone else's shame. He responded to God's directions in obedience. It is not easy to entrust your children to someone else. Imagine God looking down to choose a man to raise his own son? Joseph had God's trust.


Lyrics:
Chorus 1
How could it be this baby in my arms
Sleeping now, so peacefully
The Son of God, the angel said
How could it be
Lord I know He's not my own
Not of my flesh, not of my bone
Still Father let this baby be
The son of my love

Chorus 2
Father show me where I fit into this plan of yours
How can a man be father to the Son of God
Lord for all my life I've been a simple carpenter
How can I raise a king, How can I raise a king
He looks so small, His face and hands so fair
And when He cries the sun just seems to disappear
But when He laughs it shines again
How could it be
Chorus 2
Chorus 1

No comments:

Post a Comment